Saturday 9 March 2013

Make your own stitch markers

Stitch markers are used when marking the rows as you crochet your amigurumi. I like to make my own as I can choose my favourite colours and beads. They are really simple to make as long as you have basic jewellery making supplies.



To make a stitch marker you will need:-

  • clasp (I used a 7mm bolt ring)
  • selection of beads
  • headpin
  • flat nose pliers
  • round nose pliers



Thread your beads onto the headpin leaving a length free at the end so you can attach the clasp. If the holes on your beads are too big place a seed bead onto the headpin first to stop it slipping off.



Place your clasp onto the top of the headpin and using your round nosed pliers curve the top of the headpin downwards to secure you clasp in place. You may find it easier to use the flat nose pliers to hold the headpin securely as you do this.


Your finished stitch marker ready for your next crochet project.

No comments:

Post a Comment